Network Management, MIBs and MPLS: Principles, Design and Implementation
||Author: Stephen B. Morris|
List Price: $44.99
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR (20 June, 2003)
Average Customer Rating: 3.5 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 3 out of 5
Good but not the best
Its a good book overall but there was lot of topics this book fails to cover.
* Explaining standard MPLS mibs.
* Lot of material good for beginner
* SNMP code
* Sample buildout of a simple MPLS network
* Only chapter that is useful is Chapter 8 and a bit in 9.
* Explaining standard MIBs just on the froth, no in depth analyis or things like relationships between MIB values in different tables.
* Only few chapters useful for a person already in OSS domain.
* SNMP code again is for beginners and they are a big eyewash.
* The book has been stretched out to write 300 odd pages. Not worth the cost.
* Chapters 5,6,7 were not useful.
I recomend this book for absolute novices in this area. And to others the book is not worth the money you will pay for.
BTW. MPLS Network management from Thomas Nadeau is a lot better.
Rating: 4 out of 5
The book does a great job of illustrating the basics of the components and challenges that encompass Network Management using the emerging MPLS technology as a practical example. A pleasant read for those new to Network Management & MPLS as well as the more seasoned veterans. I found the book very easy to read and the order of the material and presentation of examples tied together the concepts very well.
· MPLS Network Management: MIBs, Tools, and Techniques
· Traffic Engineering with MPLS