ABAP Objects: Introduction to Programming SAP Applications
||Author: Horst Keller, Sascha Kruger|
List Price: $62.99
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Pub Co (14 June, 2002)
Sales Rank: 8,396
Average Customer Rating: 3.67 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 1 out of 5
Good luck in installing the Cd's!!!
If you are like me a beginner in the abap "world", you will have great expectations on being able to install the CD, learn and practice. Well I am using windows XP, and so far have yet to succeed wiht the CD's. The help is helpless!! and if anyone knows a good reference site or tips on installing this let me know - for now I am ready to bin this whole thing. Thanks in advance.
Rating: 1 out of 5
The worst book that i have ever brought
1)I logon as BCUSER which the MiniSAP suggested for learning purpose. I followed the book until page 21(Figure 2.12),i got message: NO CHANGES ON SAP OBJECTS ALLOWED. I can not even finish the 'Hello World' program.The message comes out even I just want to write a new program. Look like something wrong with the setting of User Permit.
2) Then I tried to look into their Help File which I MUST re-insert the installation CD. My god, the answer is mixed with English and German(i guess, but I am sure it is not english). But the book is english version. Isn't it ridicules?
Rating: 5 out of 5
Pretty good book
I dont have anything bad to say regarding this book. familiarity with Object oriented and programming paradims is certainly useful. This is not a learn in 21 days book. Set aside coupla months and enjoy the ride. The cool thing abt this book is the ability to tryout the abap programs.
I DID HAVE PROBLEMS!!!
1)installing the CDs. I am using Windows XP and had coupla glitches.
1) you should add the ip address and computer name to the /etc/hosts file on your computer. It can be found in the system32 folder.
2) You probably need to copy the contents of the Data CD(2) to hard disk (incase you dont have 2 CD drives. And specify the location of the data files during instalation.
2) Problem creating Objects: I did have problems creating Objects..It was frustrating for a while. Then I figured out the solution after some online research.
a) Try to apply the patch then comes with the CD.
b) renaming my files to start with z_ solved the problem
· Practical Workflow for SAP - Effective Business Processes using SAP's WebFlow Engine
· Implementing SAP Sales and Distribution
· ALE, EDI, & IDoc Technologies for SAP, 2nd Edition
· ABAP/4, Second Edition: Programming the SAP(R) R/3(R) System (2nd Edition)