Principles of the Business Rule Approach
||Author: Ronald G. Ross|
List Price: $39.99
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Addison-Wesley Pub Co (05 February, 2003)
Sales Rank: 37,939
Average Customer Rating: 5 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 5 out of 5
Best Frist Book on Business Rules
This is the place to get started with the business rules approach. I've read several other books on the subject, including Ross's earlier works, and Barbara vanHalle's, but this is the one that brings it all together.
He makes the case much more compellingly for why we need the business rules approach, and then sets up a great framework for understanding how to express and organize the rule base. This is not AI style rules, and he makes it clear what the differences are.
High level assertions are backed up with theoretcial underpinnings. The book is kept easy to read with lots of illustrations and side bars with amusing rules encountered in everyday life.
· Business Rules and Information Systems: Aligning IT with Business Goals
· Business Rules Applied: Building Better Systems Using the Business Rules Approach
· How to Build a Business Rules Engine : Extending Application Functionality through Metadata Engineering
· Business Process Management (BPM): The Third Wave
· Business Process Management: Profiting From Process