Developing Distributed and E-Commerce Applications + CD (2nd Edition)
||Author: Darrel Ince|
List Price: $49.00
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Pearson Addison Wesley (03 September, 2003)
Sales Rank: 1,269,871
Average Customer Rating: 5 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 5 out of 5
Every thing was done professionally, I am complete satisfied with the service I recieved.
Rating: 5 out of 5
Realistic college text; useful to working professionals
This book was written as a college-level text. It also targets IT professionals who need to quickly understand the differences between e-commerce applications and traditional information systems as a secondary audience.
As a college-level text this book is one of the few that will prepare students for the real world. The scope of topics, level of detail, and carefully chosen case studies are impressive because they capture the key knowledge areas and issues that working professionals deal with.
As a refresher for working professionals who need to understand the big picture and intermediate details associated with e-commerce applications this book's wide coverage of topics makes it ideal. While students will need to work through the entire book, an IT professional can choose the topic areas selectively. For example, the chapter on E-commerce applications that covers supply chain management, e-tialing and auction sites will have more appeal to a working professional, while the chapters on programming will probably capture a student's interest.
Additional features that will be of interest to each audience include:
- Students and Instructors: (1) CD ROM that comes with the book contains exercises, source code, and additional study material, (2) a companion web site that provides 296 PowerPoint slides that augment the course, and (3) links to over 750 web sites that reinforce the lessons.
- Working professionals: the CD ROM that comes with the book contains the full text of the book, which will allow searching for any topic or keyword. This is an excellent research resource, that is all the more valuable since the book is up-to-date and covers current technologies (Java, relational databases, XML, etc.), as well as important business issues.
· The Object-Oriented Approach: Concepts, Systems Development, and Modeling with UML, Second Edition
· VRML 2.0 Sourcebook, 2nd Edition
· Applied Operating System Concepts, Windows XP Update
· Object Oriented Application Development Using Java
· Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation, and Management (3rd Edition)