Reality J2EE: Architecting for Macromedia Flash MX
||Author: Steven Webster|
List Price: $39.99
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Macromedia Press (08 April, 2003)
Sales Rank: 481,157
Average Customer Rating: 3.83 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 3 out of 5
Not for ActionScript 2.0, MX Pro 2004 users.
This book says that it's meant for experienced senior J2EE developers, it bascially goes on and on about what a typical XP project is like. Too many dialogs explaining what different patterns are, and why we should use it, and why testing is good. Goes over MVC, Business Delegate, etc, but not thorough enough. People working with J2EE would already have that knowledge. And of course being from "Macromedia Press" this book mentions a lot of Macromedia's products, ie JRun. Overall it is a decent book, but don't buy it if you're expecting to learn MX 2004/Actionscript 2.0 code.
Rating: 1 out of 5
On and on it goes. Every trifling detail of the boring "real world" projects. If you work in the industry it will remind you of work too much.
It doesn't go into Web Service Connectors with Flash MX 2004 Professional either, so buy something else that does.
Rating: 4 out of 5
Well done Book
You learn from this book are,
* How to integrate the rich-client capabilities of Flash MX, and the real-time
communication capabilities of Flash Communication server MX, with an enterprise
* A book covers an examles to understand the integration of Flash and J2EE, unit
testing ASUnit and JUnit and architectural refactoring, featuring validation and
real-time data integration using Flash Remoting.
* It gives you the best practice of J2EE design pattern in Flash and J2EE integration.
* It's account management module exploring the integration of Flash MX with EJB using
both Macromedia JRun 4.0 and JBoss.
* If you are a Flash developer,I expect you will learn a great deal that will improve
your ActionScript skills. You will learn about pattern-driven architecture,OOD,
refactoring and unit testing.
* Rich client technology can be deployed on mobile phone, handheld device,
Sony Play Station 2 or interactive digital TV.
· Macromedia Flash MX 2004 ActionScript 2.0 Dictionary
· Object-Oriented Programming with ActionScript
· Flash Remoting: The Definitive Guide
· Flash MX for Interactive Simulation
· ActionScript Cookbook