MCSE Training Kit: Microsoft(r) Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000
||Author: Microsoft Corporation|
List Price: $59.99
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Microsoft Press (30 May, 2001)
Sales Rank: 82,886
Average Customer Rating: 2.67 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 2 out of 5
Great for Ref. - Awful for Exam
Well laid out (seems to be printed directly from ISA's Help system), and does an excellent job of explaining ISA's vast configuration, features and positioning. Will also make a great reference guide. However, if you plan on taking the 70-227 exam, and you don't have real world firewall/proxy experience, don't rely on this book to get you over the 70-227 hump.
This book simply does not provide enough practical scenarios or examples anywhere near the complexity of the exam. Also, testing software or questions besides the 5 or 6 at the end of each chapter is absent.
Bottom line, if you already have this book for the exam, complete it, then get another book for exam practice. Otherwise steer clear of this MSP title and use ISA's Help for reference.
Rating: 2 out of 5
Poor book for Exam
What a poor book from Microsoft Press !!!! It is useless for exam 70-227. Tons of point are missing e.g. Application Filter , Rule application order (only outbound mentioned, no inbound) !!!! It also dont tell us whole picture of ISA architecture !!! Just learn how to click click click is useless !!! Dont use this book !!! Just waste of $$$ !!!
Rating: 4 out of 5
Get ready to pass the the exam
A definite "must have" when working for your certification. The information is to the point and easily understood. I would recommend this kit to anyone wanting to achieve MCSE
· Microsoft Windows XP Professional: Exam 70 270 (With CD-ROM)
· MCSE Training Kit: Designing Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Security
· MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-292 and 70-296): Upgrading Your Certification to Microsoft Windows Server 2003
· MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Implementing and Managing Security in a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure, Exam 70-214
· MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Core Requirements, Exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294