MCSA/MCSE/MCDBA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 System Administration, 70-228, Second Edition
||Author: Microsoft Corporation|
List Price: $59.99
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Microsoft Press (14 May, 2003)
Sales Rank: 4,386
Average Customer Rating: 5 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 5 out of 5
If you want to pass the exam or just learn SQL 2000 Server..
I have several year of experience with SQL 7.0 and was looking for the resource to tell me the distinct difference between 7.0 and 2000. The book reads well and has plenty of hands on step-by-step labs (if needed). Really the book is two books in one. The second part of the book is preparation for the exam with scenario-based questions. Additionally, the book comes with the usual 120 day Evaluation Edition of SQL 2000 server. Plus a second CD with supplemental course material, electronic version of the book (part 1), scripts for the lab, a test engine ("Electronic Assessment"), ect.
I used the book as the primary source for studying for the 70-228 exam (passed the first time)along with BOL for fine points mentioned in each chapter. I found reading the book forward and then backward increased overall coverage due to interrelationships between chapters (don't worry the book reads fast). Even if you have no experience with SQL server, I think the book will do the trick.
If you have no experience with relational databases, I would suggest picking up a source on database design.
· MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Exam 70-215, Second Edition
· MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration, Exam 70-216, Second Edition
· MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft .NET Core Requirements, Exams 70-305, 70-315, 70-306, 70-316, 70-310, 70-320, and 70-300
· MCAD/MCSE/MCDBA Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation, Exam 70-229, Second Edition
· MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Core Requirements, Exams 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294