XML Weekend Crash Course (with CD-ROM)
||Author: Kay Ethier, Alan Houser|
List Price: $24.99
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons (September, 2001)
Sales Rank: 4,234
Average Customer Rating: 5 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 5 out of 5
XML: Weekend Crash Course
XML Weekend Crash Course is an excellent source for beginners and experienced users alike for learning or enhancing XML skills in just 15 hours or 30 well-thought out sessions. You will gain a thorough understanding of XML documents and learn what it takes to create working, viewable XML.
XML WCC will walk you through step-by-step on how to systematically apply each task in a building block manner. As you work through each chapter, you feel as if a trainer and coach is guiding you through the process. Key areas in the text that enhance the learning experience are the Tips, Notes, Time Clock Progress Icon, Explanations of the Task, Review, and the Quiz Yourself Questions at the end of each chapter. As XML becomes ever more prevalent for applications on the Web, XML WCC is definitely a must for those who need to know how to get started in creating XML documents.
What does this book cover?
- Using tags to label XML content
- Formatting XML documents for display in a Web browser
- Building applications around XML documents
- Understanding how XML documents are processed
- Learning several ways to create XML documents
- Learning the two major building blocks of XML documents
- Taking advantage of the many tools available for validating
- Attributes, uses, and benefits of DTD's (Document Type
- Learning about graphic types and options
- Simple transformations with XSLT and X Path
- Using CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and applying XSLT style
- Introduction to XML schemas
- Linking and querying XML documents
Offers the novice and experienced XML user a solid foundation in understanding the key attributes and the applications of XML documents. Upon completion of XML WCC, users will feel confident in their understanding, application, and future development as they move forward in XML learning. Softcover.
This book includes a CD-ROM as well. The CD-ROM contains a self-assessment test, source code for session examples, software that can be installed, and links to other useful software.
· FrameMaker(R) 7: The Complete Reference
· XML in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition
· HTML 4.01 Weekend Crash Course (With CD-ROM)
· UML Weekend Crash Course
· Xml Learning by Example