Linkers and Loaders
||Author: John Levine|
List Price: $40.95
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann (15 January, 2000)
Sales Rank: 71,647
Average Customer Rating: 3.33 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 3 out of 5
Very superficial, OK as an introduction
Nothing much to add to that. Well written, good illustrations, all's good, but too superficial and cursory. Unfortunately, short of reading gnu source code, it's the only info source on the topic, so one has to be grateful for what one can get, I guess. For what it is, the book is OK.
Rating: 4 out of 5
I learned a lot about object files, loading and linking from reading this book.
Rating: 5 out of 5
This is one of the excellent book, that gives enormous information to know how object files are created and how linker in various OS works.
· Hacker Disassembling Uncovered
· How Debuggers Work : Algorithms, Data Structures, and Architecture
· Virtual Machine Design and Implementation in C/C++ (With CD-ROM)
· Advanced Compiler Design and Implementation
· Memory Management: Algorithms and Implementation in C/C++ (Windows Programming/Development)