CCNA Flash Cards and Exam Practice Pack (CCNA Self-Study, exam #640-801), Second Edition
||Author: Eric Rivard, Jim Doherty|
List Price: $39.95
Our Price: Click to see the latest and low price
Publisher: Cisco Press (31 July, 2003)
Sales Rank: 3,087
Average Customer Rating: 4 out of 5
Customer ReviewsRating: 3 out of 5
Good but NOT enough for the exam
I recently passed the CCNA. I used this book along with Todd Lammle's study guide and Certsim. The flash cards have great info and are more than just flash cards. The appendix in the end has great info and the answers have great descriptions. This book has lots of great info but covers alot of topics you won't find on the exam. The practice exam it comes with doesn't even have the same types of questions you would find on the exam. I think the worst part is the simulated questions that are way too easy. They ask you to do basic router configurations like setting the hostname. Questions like these won't be on the exam. If you are looking to pass the exam you should use Todd Lammle's study guide along with Certsim from routersim.com. The test questions are close and even word for word on a few. The simulation questions are excellent.
Rating: 4 out of 5
Short and Good CCNA Practicing and Reviewing Tool
i just passed CCNA 640-801 with score 950, and i can tell this is a very good practicing and reviewing tool for CCNA exam. i give 4 stars for this book and recommend this book as a 2nd or 3rd CCNA book, use it for reviewing and practicing, not as a main study guide.
this material contains 2 main stuffs:
1) Flash Cards: which are much like a long summary of regular CCNA books. instead of making us read long chapters that are suppose to cover everything like regular CCNA books, this flash cards ask questions and explane them quite clearly, and cover most of CCNA exam objectives in the very short and fast way, that means it provides an excellent and fast way of reviewing for CCNA exam .
2)Practice Questions: the book comes with CD that contains 600+ practice questions: true/fals + multiple choices + 40 router simmulations. the questions are matched closely to the real quesions that i faced in the real CCNA 640-801 exam.
Reasons that i -1 star from this book are:
1) there is no explanation for practice questions in the CD, the authors don't tell or give any reason and explanation why this is the correct answer or why that is the wrong answer.
2) i found that the router simmulation questions are too easy, the real router simmulation questions in CCNA exam are far harder.
3)this book is weak in Troubleshoting like questions. in the 600+ practice question in CD, there is no troubleshoting questions, not even 1, but CCNA exam really require us to be able to find out what is wrong and correct it in a certain situation.
over all, this is a good practice tool that proved to be usefull for me in my preparing for CCNA exam, and i passed it, but ofcoz with another CCNA book as a main study guide as i mentioned earlier
Rating: 5 out of 5
I had to renew my CCNA cert last month so I bought this "Practice Pack". I went through the flash cards twice and they really helped me remember a lot of stuff I forgot and did not know. The CD in the back had some simulations which really helped me on the exam. I bought Boson CCNA exams, but I felt the flash cards and the questions on the CD where way better than Boson and where closer to what I saw on the exam. I passed the exam with a 870 and felt I could of only used this practice kit as my only test prep. Overall a great product.
· CCNA Certification Library (CCNA Self-Study, exam #640-801), Sixth Edition
· CCNA ICND Exam Certification Guide (CCNA Self-Study, 640-811, 640-801), Fourth Edition
· CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (Exam 640-801)
· CCNA Virtual Lab, Platinum Edition (640-801)
· CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, 4th Edition (640-801)